Friday 27 November 2015

Rudai 23. Thing 20: Presentations

I have given a few presentations in the past and if I'm honest I find public speaking difficult.  I tend to get nervous when talking in front of a large group of people which disrupts my flow.  My public speaking ability is something I would like to improve.  The visual aspect of presentations comes easily to me as I create PowerPoints at work almost daily.  We have a large screen in the 6th Form cafe area, I control the content on this and use PowerPoint to display slideshows containing information for students (new books, university open days, cultural events etc) and photographs of school events.

For this task I have decided to create a slide show to encouraging students to sign up for free masterclasses provided by City University London.








This slide will be accompanied be me talking to the students, it has been a while since I created a slideshow for a presentation. Usually my slideshows pack in as much info as possible but here I have left gaps as I will deliver information vocally.   I created it using Powerpoint, I did quickly look at Google Slides, but seems like a watered down version of Powerpoint to me.  I like the look of Prezi, it has nice graphics and animations, I will look at this possibility in future but for the Masterclasses presentation I felt Powerpoint was the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment