Thursday 19 November 2015

Rudai 23. Thing 9: Video

Perfect timing for this one!  I suppose that's one good thing that has come from falling behind.

The school where I work has just set up allowing students to access their library accounts themselves online.  Much of our students won't bother to take advantage of this, but I imagine promotion via video will encourage more to do so.

I've decided to make an info video showing students how to gain access to their account.  This will be displayed on a big screen in the 6th form cafe, so all students will see it.  The video will also include instructions on how to gain access to the Philip Allan journal online archive, a great resource.

Not everything is in place just yet, so for this task I will create a practice run.  For this I have created an instructional video on how to print double sided and in booklet form.  Students ask for my help with this a lot, particularly during exam period when they are print large amounts of past papers.  I could screen a quicker tidier version of this in the common room during exam time.

Here is my attempt (Warning it is very boring):


Adding captions was easy enough and in future I will add audio to my screen-casts and videos, I've done this before it's pretty simple.
This has been the most useful task yet, I reckon I'll put the skills I've learned to use a lot in the future. When I have completed the the instructional LRC video I will post it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment